Monday 27 April 2015

I love playing for 'best club in the world' Real Madrid - Chicharito

The attacker has started only three league games this season but he says he is happy at the Santiago Bernabeu after firing his side to two vital wins within a week
Javier 'Chicharito' Hernandez says he is enjoying life at Real Madrid, despite being a bit-part player for much of the campaign.

The striker joined the Champions League holders on loan from Manchester United last summer but has been limited to just three starts in La Liga.

However, the 26-year-old scored vital goals to fire Madrid to two wins within a week, netting late on on to make the difference in their Champions League quarter-final second leg clash with Atletico Madrid before firing home a double in Sunday's 4-2 win over Celta Vigo.

Despite his minimal role in the Blancos team, the Mexico international says he is happy at the Santiago Bernabeu as question marks remain over his long-term future.

"I'm playing for Real Madrid, and I enjoy it," he told reporters. "I thank God that I am enjoying today.

"I'll play where God wants. I'm living for today.

"I do not know if I'll be here a year or more. I'm focused on playing as many minutes as I can for the best club in the world.

"In the bad times, there were people who supported me, who told me to have faith that my chance would come. This match gives me confidence, I love playing football and I still enjoy it, wherever it is."

Chicharito's team-mate Marcelo was also full of praise for the attacker.

"Chicharito is a guy who works hard. He has been patient all year and he finally obtained the reward he was seeking," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment