Wednesday 27 May 2015

CASILLAS WELCOMES DE GEA

 
Real Madrid captain Iker Casillas insists he would welcome the arrival of David de Gea this summer and says he told club president Florentino Perez he would make a move for the Manchester United goalkeeper.
De Gea, who has one year left on his contract at United, has been linked heavily with a summer switch to Madrid, with the Bernabeu giants keen to sign him.
“If De Gea does come here, he'll be welcomed," he told El Larguero on Cadena Ser. "Competition is healthy – there is no clause in my contract which states that I have to be first choice.
“We'll have to compete for a place like we do with Spain. De Gea is a great bloke and a goalkeeper for the present and the future. He can handle pressure and the experience he has had at Manchester United will have served him well.”
Casillas also admitted he advised club president Perez to make a move for De Gea.
“Florentino once asked me if it were up to me, which keeper would I sign. I prefer Spanish keepers - Sergio Rico, Asenjo and De Gea. Right now, De Gea is the expert out of the three," he added.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment